The Haugen Consulting Group
If you are a self-motivated, team player and have coding auditing experience, consider a position with Haugen Consulting Group! We are looking for the best and most passionate coders to become part of our team. Work remotely!
The facility based coding auditor will be responsible for conducting reviews of medical records and appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT codes assigned to ensure compliance with coding guidelines, and State and Federal regulations.
- Perform coder audits on a regular basis as defined by compliance requirements
- and client expectations, determine when additional education is necessary and
- assist the education team in meeting those needs.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of the ICD-10-CM diagnoses and ICD-10-PCS and CPT codes
- assigned based on the supporting documentation and in accordance with coding guidelines.
- Consult and educate client coding staff on coding practices and conventions in order to provide detailed coding information.
- Identify client coding needs and assist in developing solutions proactively by sharing best practices and knowledge.
- Participate in the development of coding policies and procedures as requested by clients.
- Design and coordinate training programs based on organizational and employee needs, with the assistance of the education team.
- Assist in compiling training materials for specific topics.
- Plan and complete assigned work within the engagement with high quality, on time and on budget.
- Prepare and deliver executive-level presentations.
- Serve as a professional representative of Haugen Consulting Group in all public and client settings.
- Identify new business opportunities.
- Document discoveries and outcomes of work performed and prepare recommendations for
- implementation of new systems, procedures or organizational changes utilizing HCG documents.
- Attend and participate in required HCG meetings.
- Participate in team coding discussions to support the needs of the client.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT coding through regular review of industry publications (e.g., Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, CMS transmittals).
This position operates in a professional office environment, client connectivity location or an established home office setup with high-speed internet. The position requires the ability to remotely access VPN’s for healthcare organizations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, and printers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in health information administration or associate degree in health information
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC) or Certified Outpatient Coder (COC) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Designated home office area with documented high speed internet connectivity
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- CCS or RHIT with five years of coding experience
- Extensive experience in ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT coding and auditing
- APC and DRG auditing experience
- Demonstrated competent knowledge of Coding Clinic and CMS guidance as they relate to ICD
- -10 coding and HCC coding.
- Ability to understand and navigate health information systems, including electronic medical records and encoding/computer assisted coding software for multiple clients.
- Ability to think and work independently while using good judgment.
- Strong analytical, independent decision making, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities and then set and organize own priorities in a way that supports the bigger picture.
- Work both independently and within a team
- Maintain a thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, disease process, and surgical procedures in order to accurately apply ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT coding guidelines to inpatient and outpatient diagnosis and procedures.
- Ability to keep up to date with professional research and knowledge and share best practice with team members.
- Proficient in Excel
- Ability to create clear and concise audit reports
- Maintain productivity standards
- Must successfully pass pre-hire coding assessment
- Do you have the following license or certification: Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)?
- Ideal answer: Yes
- How many years of work experience do you have using Microsoft Excel?
- Ideal answer: 2
- How many years of medical coding auditing do you have?
- Ideal answer: 3
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com