This course will provide you with an overview of the anatomy of the Integumentary System and the diseases that may affect the skin and subcutaneous tissue. ICD-10-CM contains codes for pressure ulcers in much more detail as they are combination codes. Laterality and site designation for many skin conditions require additional documentation and are part of the focus for this course.
Lesson 1: Anatomy and Function
- Layers and structures of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
- Review anatomy and function
Lesson 2: Chapter 12 Format and Structure
- Apply Excludes1 and Excludes2 notes
- Determine when to use an additional code for infecting organism
- Identify skin and subcutaneous conditions that have coding guidelines
Lesson 3: Categories L00 to L99
- Differentiate between lymphangitis and lymphadentitis
- Identify codes for postoperative skin complications
- Apply guidelines for coding pressure ulcers
This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.