This course explores the anatomy, function and common diseases and disorders of the eye, adnexa and ear. Learners will review how the eye captures and process images as well as how the ear and mastoid process collect sound and provides balance. Coding practice exercises are provided so the learner can assign ICD-10-CM codes for diseases of the eye and adnexa process and Mastoid process.
Lesson 1: Anatomy and Physiology of the Eyes and Ears
- Identify the anatomical structures of the respiratory system
- Differentiate between the upper and lower respiratory systems
- Explain the function of the respiratory system
Lesson 2: Diseases of the Eye and Adnexa
- Identify the terms OS and OD as they relate to eye disorders
- Utilize coding guidelines to select codes for glaucoma
Lesson 3: Diseases of the Upper Respiratory System
- Identify different classifications of otitis externa in ICD-10-CM
- Differentiate between conductive and sensorineural hearing loss
This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.