This module will present an overview of ICD-10-CM Chapter 5 for Mental, Behavioural and Neurodevelopmental Disorders. This module covers disorders due to known physiological conditions, disorders due to psychoactive substance use, Schizophrenia and Mood Disorders, and finally Stress-Related and Other Disorders. This course will highlight pertinent information about mental disorders, coding structure, and official guidelines that will help you with ICD-10-CM coding.
Upon purchase, you will have a 6-month subscription to this module. This will allow you the opportunity to complete and review as often as you like for 6 months.
• Identify the code blocks and structure of the Mental, Behavioral and Neurodevelopmental Disorder chapter.
• Identify at least 3 key coding concepts.
• Utilize mental disorder chapter guidelines in the official ICD-10-CM Guidelines.
• Identify underlying physiological conditions that may cause certain mental disorders.
• Apply sequencing guidelines for codes for mental disorders and their underlying physiological conditions.
• Identify proper documentation to support related conditions.
• Describe the conditions covered in the psychoactive substance code block.
• Identify the types of schizophrenia and mood disorders covered in these code blocks.
• Describe features and code structure.
• Apply Excludes 1 and Excludes 2 notes correctly.
• Describe codes and features for some commonly coded stress-related and other disorders.
•Apply ICD-10-CM coding principles and guidelines to selected clinical scenarios for mental and behavioral disorders.
•Given a diagnostic statement or case study, assign ICD-10-CM codes.
This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Recommended operating systems:
Window 7 or higher
Mac OS 10.7 or higher
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or greater
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or greater
Google Chrome 2.0 or greater
Apple Safari 2.0 or greater
DSL or better
Recommended internet connection speed 500 or higher kbps
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Flash Player
Current version of Java
Sound: (all modules are fully narrated)
Computer speakers or headset
Printer access to print CEU certifications