Description: Injections and Infusions (I&I), Part 2 completes the I&I series. This module examines in detail the block of codes assigned for Chemotherapy, Therapeutic, Prophylactic and Diagnostic, and Hydration services. Determining how various substances are classified is key to choosing and sequencing the I&I administration codes. Throughout each lesson there are opportunities to practice and reinforce the concepts learned. The module concludes with the Code Red Ultimate Coder Challenge allowing learners to practice and apply their learnings by coding realistic case scenarios.
• Facility outpatient coders
• Billing professionals
• Charge master analysts
• Other staff involved in charging for injection or infusion services
Course Access: Courses are accessed at Haugen Academy. You will receive an e-mail from Haugen Academy within 30 minutes after purchase with an introduction to Haugen Academy and your log-in credentials. If you don’t see an e-mail, check your Junk mailbox and if indicated, set-up emails from thehaugengroup.com as safe sender. If you do not receive an email from Haugen Academy, please contact us at 720-476-6301 or email@example.com.
• Subscription: Upon purchase, you will have a 6-month subscription to this module. This will allow you the opportunity to complete and review as often as you like for 6 months.
• Contacting us: 720-476-6301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Identify substances that code to Chemotherapy and Highly Complex Substances and Therapeutic/Diagnostic code range
• Apply hierarchy and CPT rules when assigning codes for chemo and non-chemo infusion or injection services
• Recognize substances and rules as they relate to coding hydration services
• Assign correct CPT codes to scenarios that include hydration, chemo and non-chemo infusion services
Recommended operating systems:
Window 7 or higher
Mac OS 10.7 or higher
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or greater
Google Chrome 2.0 or greater
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or greater
Apple Safari 2.0 or greater
DSL or better
Recommended internet connection speed 500 or higher kbps
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Flash Player
Current version of Java
Sound: Courses are fully narrated, so you’ll want speakers, earbuds, or a headset
Printer: Only needed if you’d like to print your certificate of completion
This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.