Description: This training module builds the foundation for Injection and Infusion coding. The module begins with the Revenue Cycle as it pertains to injections and infusions, followed by discussions and exercises on the code sets, structure of the CPT manual and various rules and guidance applicable to I&I coding. The lessons continue with a discussion on clinical documentation with a focus on start and stop times. By the end of this module, learners will be able to apply what they have learned by answering a series of coding questions.
• Facility outpatient coders
• Billing professionals
• Charge master analysts
• Other staff involved in charging for infusion services
Course Access: Courses are accessed at Haugen Academy. You will receive an e-mail from Haugen Academy within 30 minutes after purchase with an introduction to Haugen Academy and your log-in credentials. If you don’t see an e-mail, check your Junk mailbox and if indicated, set-up emails from thehaugengroup.com as safe sender. If you do not receive an email from Haugen Academy, please contact us at 720-476-6301 or email@example.com.
• Subscription: Upon purchase, you will have a 6-month subscription to this module. This will allow you the opportunity to complete and review as often as you like for 6 months.
• Contacting us: 720-476-6301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Recognize different sources of coded data and the rules that govern their application
• Apply correct code type to the condition, service or supply
• Recognize the structure and symbols in CPT and the applicable code blocks
• Name the types of substances related to each subsection
• Sequence CPT codes for I&I services provided using the I&I hierarchy
• Define when to add codes for E&M services or vascular access procedures
Recommended operating systems:
Window 7 or higher
Mac OS 10.7 or higher
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or greater
Google Chrome 2.0 or greater
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or greater
Apple Safari 2.0 or greater
DSL or better
Recommended internet connection speed 500 or higher kbps
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Flash Player
Current version of Java
Sound: Courses are fully narrated, so you’ll want speakers, earbuds, or a headset
Printer: Only needed if you’d like to print your certificate of completion
This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.