Description: This three-part series covers CPT coding for procedures performed in the cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology (EP) lab. Part 1 includes an overview of pertinent heart and coronary anatomy as well as instruction on coding for diagnostic heart catheterization and coronary imaging. Part two delves into percutaneous coronary interventions and addresses coronary artery modifiers along with CPT’s progressive hierarchies for coronary revascularization. The series is completed with part 3, which presents procedures commonly performed by cardiac electrophysiologists, such as pacemaker and cardioverter defibrillator procedures and cardiac EP studies and arrhythmia ablation.
• Facility outpatient coders
• Professional fee coders
• Billing professionals
• Coding compliance professionals
• Cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology staff lab involved in department charging
Course Access: Courses are accessed at Haugen Academy. You will receive an e-mail from Haugen Academy within 30 minutes after purchase with an introduction to Haugen Academy and your log-in credentials. If you don’t see an e-mail, check your Junk mailbox and if indicated, set-up emails from thehaugengroup.com as safe sender. If you do not receive an email from Haugen Academy, please contact us at 720-476-6301 or email@example.com.
• Subscription: Upon purchase, you will have a 6-month subscription to this module. This will allow you the opportunity to complete and review as often as you like for 6 months.
• Contacting us: 720-476-6301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This three-part series includes the following courses:
Part 1: Anatomical basis to code catheter-based cardiac procedures
1. Heart anatomy and function
2. Diagnostic cardiac catheterization procedures
Part 2: Percutaneous coronary intervention procedures
1. Primary coronary artery interventions
2. Secondary coronary interventions and other procedures
Part 3: Procedures performed to control and treat cardiac rhythm disorders
1. Cardiac Electrical Conduction and Introduction to Electrophysiology
2. Cardiac Electrophysiology Study Procedures
3. Pacemakers and Cardioverter Defibrillators
Recommended operating systems:
Window 7 or higher
Mac OS 10.7 or higher
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or greater
Google Chrome 2.0 or greater
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or greater
Apple Safari 2.0 or greater
DSL or better
Recommended internet connection speed 500 or higher kbps
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Flash Player
Current version of Java
Sound: Courses are fully narrated, so you’ll want speakers, earbuds, or a headset
Printer: Only needed if you’d like to print your certificate of completion
This program has been approved for 4 continuing education units for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 4 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.