This two-hour webinar reviews the general structure of the digestive system and the types of common CPT surgery codes learners will need to know within the GI system. Learners will become familiar with both the human anatomy, and the terminology commonly used in GI surgical procedures. GI CPT topics include endoscopies such as; esophagoscopy, esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP). We will delve in deeper to provide colonoscopy pointers.
This program has been approved for 2 continuing education units for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 2 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Most participants will be able to quickly attend conferences using ReadyTalk’s Flash-based participant application, which requires no download. For the best conferencing experience, we recommend participants use Flash 11 or higher. Participants who do not have a compatible version of Flash and cannot install it can join the conference with ReadyTalk’s alternative java-based participant application.
• Listening to Broadcast Audio requires computer speakers or a headset.
• VoIP Audio requires speakers and microphone; a USB headset is recommended.
• Flash 10.1 is required to view recordings.
Recommended System Configurations
• Windows or Mac computer with internet access
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or greater
• Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or greater
• Google Chrome 2.0 or greater
• Apple Safari 2.0 or greater
• DSL or better
• Adobe Acrobat Reader
• Adobe Flash Player
• Current version of Java
• Computer speakers or headset