Description: Getting paid for providing medical services today is A LOT more complicated than it was just a few years ago. Did you know that approximately 80% of outpatient provider services include E/M codes? These codes remain the most challenging for providers and coders in their struggle to accurately document and code E/Ms. Let Haugen help you with these complicated guidelines and key elements of evaluation and management (E/M) coding. This 1 day course will provide review and documentation tips for E/M leveling and identify appropriate E/M levels based upon documentation.
• Professional fee coders
• Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists
• Coding Auditors
• Clinic Managers and Physicians
The Instructor: Corina Marquardt – CPC, CPMA, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Corina is a senior consultant with more than 20 years of health care industry experience. Corina knows health care from both sides of the fence as she started her career on the payer side as a health insurance claims and contract trainer before moving into physician auditing, billing, coding and compliance.
Corina has conducted hundreds of speaking and educational sessions on topics related to ICD-10-CM, CPT, Evaluation & Management, and Compliance.
• Review current Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and American Medical Association (AMA) documentation guidelines for E/M codes
• Define the three key components – History, Exam, and Medical Decision Making (MDM)
• Explain specific guidelines for time as a controlling factor to determine an appropriate code level
• Identify appropriate sites of service for reporting E/M codes
• Select appropriate E/M code based on documentation
• Apply appropriate modifiers with E/M codes
• Dates: Thursday, March 8 2018
• Time: 8:30am-4:30pm MT
• Location: 1873 S Bellaire, Denver, Colorado 80222 ~ Centerra Building, First Floor-Conference Room A
• Materials provided:
• E/M Training Manual: over 70 pages of content, examples and coding exercises. Formatted to allow room for your notes right along with the content on each page.
• Materials to bring: CPT book
• Hydration & Nutrition: Coffee, water, lunch, and snacks provided.
• Contacting us: 720-476-6301 or email email@example.com.
This program has been approved for 7 continuing education units for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 7 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
AAPC Specialty CEUs: CPC, CPC-P, CPCO, CEMC, CFPC, CIMC, CPMA, CPPM