This course provides a review of the function and structure of the musculoskeletal system, as well as common terminology related to it. This course discusses the skeletal system, joints and ligaments, and muscular system. A review of common diseases and disorders related to the musculoskeletal system such as osteoporosis and pathologic fractures, tendinitis and tenosynovitis, and osteoarthritis are also discussed.
Lesson 1: Anatomy and Function of the Musculoskeletal System
- Define components and functions of the musculoskeletal system
- Discuss bones vs. joints and the related ICD-10-CM guideline
- Classify musculoskeletal disorders according to ICD-10-CM
Lesson 2: Chapter 13 Structure and Format
- Identify the code set up for ICD-10-CM Chapter 13
- Describe continuing documentation challenges involving musculoskeletal conditions
Lesson 3: Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System
- Review common musculoskeletal joint disorders dealing with cartilage, ligaments, tendons and other structures
- Differentiate between bone disorders
- Discuss postprocedure complications
AHIMA This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
AAPC This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.