This course provides an overview of Chapter 2 of ICD-10-CM, which focuses on abnormal growths of cells manifesting as cancer as well as benign neoplasms and those of uncertain behavior. This course includes information on neoplasm behaviors along with their most common primary types and location.
Lesson 1: Introduction
- Differentiate between neoplasm topography and morphology
- Identify the behavior groups for coding of neoplasms
- Identify characteristics of malignant neoplasms
Lesson 2: Neoplasm Guidelines and Chapter Overview
- Select codes for neoplasms that overlap two or more sites
- Select the principal diagnosis for neoplastic-related conditions and complications
- Distinguish between current malignancy and history of malignancy
Lesson 3: Encounters for Procedures for Neoplasms
- Determine when to use Z codes for encounters for neoplastic therapy
- Identify situations in which codes for neoplasm aftercare and follow-up would be used
This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.