This course covers the anatomy of the respiratory system and the common procedures performed on the respiratory system. It also covers the various approaches, devices and qualifiers that are commonly assigned when coding procedures performed on this system. In addition, the course highlights the testing procedures and ancillary services that are typically encountered with respiratory system cases.
Lesson 1: Anatomy
- Name and label the body parts associated with the Respiratory System
- Identify the correct anatomical sequence of body parts found in the Respiratory System
- Differentiate between body parts found in the ICD-10-PCS tables of the Respiratory body system and the tables of the Anatomical Regions, General body system
Lesson 2: Approaches, Devices and Qualifiers
- Explain and identify the various approaches used to access the Respiratory System body parts
- Distinguish between the various types of intraluminal devices used in Respiratory System procedures
- Assign the qualifiers used to code procedures performed on the Respiratory System
Lesson 3: Procedures on Sinuses and Anatomical Regions
- Explain how sinus and anatomical region procedures are performed and commonly associated medical conditions
- Assign the correct root operation to commonly performed sinus and anatomical region procedures
- Choose all of the correct ICD-10-PCS character values for procedures performed on the sinuses and anatomical regions
Lesson 4: Procedures on Respiratory Structures
- Explain how common respiratory procedures are performed and the commonly associated medical conditions
- Assign the correct root operation to commonly performed respiratory procedures
- Choose all of the correct ICD-10-PCS character values for procedures performed on the respiratory system
Lesson 5: Other Procedures
- Identify other respiratory procedures which are coded within the non-Medical-Surgical Sections of ICD-10-PCS
- Explain how the additional respiratory procedures are performed and the commonly associated medical conditions
- Assign the correct root operation to the additional respiratory procedures
- Choose all of the correct ICD-10-PCS character values for other procedures performed on the respiratory system
This program has been approved for 2 continuing education units for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 2 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.