This two-part course covers sections of ICD-10-PCS that are used either in conjunction with or in place of codes found within the medical and surgical section. This course contains three lessons: obstetrics; placement, administration, measurement and monitoring; and extracorporeal assistance, performance and therapies.
Lesson 1: Obstetrics
- Define the term, Products of Conception
- Differentiate between the root operations of Delivery and Extraction
- Assign the appropriate qualifier to procedures coded in the Obstetrics section
Lesson 2: Placement, Administration, Measurement and Monitoring
- Identify the situation in which the application of a cast is coded with an ICD-10-PCS code
- Match generic substance terms with their associated specific substances
- Assign a code to documentation for administration of substances
- Assign a code to documentation for a basic heart catheterization procedure
Lesson 3: Extracorporeal or Systemic Assistance, Performance, and Therapies
- Identify procedures that are integral to the Cardiopulmonary Bypass procedure and are not coded separately
- Recognize which procedures require documentation of procedure duration
- Match common procedure names to their associated root operation values for extracorporeal or systemic therapies
- Differentiate between extracorporeal or systemic therapies and other procedures coded in other ICD-10-PCS sections
- Assign codes correctly to extracorporeal procedures
AHIMA This program has been approved for 2 continuing education units for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
AAPC This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 2 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.