This course covers the remaining 15 sections of ICD-10-PCS that are used either in conjunction with or in place of codes found within the medical and surgical section. This is Part 2 of 2 parts. This course covers Other Procedures; ancillary sections: imaging, nuclear medicine and radiation oncology; and physical rehabilitation, diagnostic audiology and mental health and substance abuse treatments.
Lesson 1: Osteopathic, Chiropractic, and Other Procedures Sections
- List the types of hospitals likely to assign procedure codes from the Osteopathic and Chiropractic sections of ICD-10-PCS
- Describe the procedures that can be associated with the root operation collection
- Identify the best term to be used in the Index to locate codes in the Other Procedures section of ICD-10-PCS
- Differentiate between robotic-assisted and computer-assisted procedures
Lesson 2: Ancillary Sections
- Assign codes to the imaging procedures that are associated with a heart catheterization procedure
- Identify the names of low osmolar contrast material used in imaging studies
- Assign a code to brachytherapy and Gamma Knife® procedures
Lesson 3: Rehabilitation and Therapy Sections
- List the types of hospitals likely to assign codes from these sections
- Identify the types of procedures that can be assigned in these sections
- Assign codes to common rehabilitation, audiology, mental health, and substance abuse treatment procedures
AHIMA This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
AAPC This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.