This course completes the musculoskeletal service line, building upon the knowledge learned in Part 1. Lessons within this course include: procedures on bones are discussed with a focus on fracture treatment; procedures on the joints; and procedures performed on the general anatomical regions of the extremities, such as amputations.
Lesson 1: Procedures on the Bones
- Assign approach and device values for fracture reduction procedures
- Match common bone procedures to their respective root operations
- Differentiate between the root operations Insertion, Revision, and Reposition for internal and external fixation devices
Lesson 2: Procedures on the Joints
- Determine root operations for arthroplasty procedures
- Identify the differences between the five root operations: Replacement, Revision, Removal, Supplement, Insertion
- Code a case for treatment of a joint dislocation
Lesson 3: Amputation Procedures
- Determine the body part values for amputations
- Determine the qualifier value for amputations
- Select the root operation for arthrocentesis
This program has been approved for 2 continuing education units for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 2 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.