Description:This two-hour training module (Part 1) introduces you to the VIR specialty and the concepts of nonselective and selective catheterization and imaging, order of selectivity, and surgical and radiology component coding. Along with a vascular anatomy primer, it also covers diagnostic studies on the cervicocerebral arteries, upper extremity arteries, and thoracic aorta and intercostal arteries.
• Facility outpatient coders
• Physician professional fee coders
• Charge master analysts
• Charge entry staff
• Practice managers
Course Access: Courses are accessed at Haugen Academy. You will receive an e-mail from Haugen Academy within 30 minutes after purchase with an introduction to Haugen Academy and your log-in credentials. If you don’t see an e-mail, check your Junk mailbox and if indicated, set-up emails from thehaugengroup.com as safe sender. If you do not receive an email from Haugen Academy, please contact us at 720-476-6301 or email@example.com.
• Subscription: Upon purchase, you will have a 6-month subscription to this module. This will allow you the opportunity to complete and review as often as you like for 6 months.
• Contacting us: 720-476-6301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Identify the four types of vascular systems
• Differentiate between nonselective and selective catheterization
• Distinguish selective imaging from nonselective imaging
• Identify vascular families on an anatomical diagram
• Distinguish between carotid and vertebral artery circulation
• Identify situations in which an arch aortogram is bundled into other imaging
• List the cervicocerebral angiography codes in the order of the hierarchy
• Apply the order of selectivity to assign catheterization codes for upper extremity angiography
• Determine when to use codes for retrograde brachial angiography
• Distinguish between subclavian injection for cervicocerebral angiography and upper extremity angiography
• Distinguish between thoracic aortogram and arch aortogram
• Determine when to use codes for visceral angiography when the intercostals are injected
Recommended operating systems:
Window 7 or higher
Mac OS 10.7 or higher
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or greater
Google Chrome 2.0 or greater
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or greater
Apple Safari 2.0 or greater
DSL or better
Recommended internet connection speed 500 or higher kbps
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Flash Player
Current version of Java
Sound: Courses are fully narrated, so you’ll want speakers, earbuds, or a headset
Printer: Only needed if you’d like to print your certificate of completion
This program has been approved for 2 continuing education units for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 2 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
AAPC Specialty CEUs: CPC®, CPC-P®, COC™