Liver Disease and Treatment On-Demand
Individual pricing: $25.00
This webinar was released on October 15, 2021.
This webinar is no longer eligible for CEUs. The webinar recording will be available until August 31, 2022.
The humble liver is the body’s largest gland and has plenty that can go wrong with it, but rarely gets the attention it deserves in coder education. Let’s have a look at the anatomy and pathophysiology of the liver and some of the procedures we might call upon to code in CPT and PCS.
- Gain greater understanding of the normal functioning of the liver
- Understand common liver pathophysiology
- Explore the manifestations of liver disease
- Facility inpatient coders
- Facility outpatient coders
- Professional fee coders
- Clinical documentation improvement analysts
- Coding auditors & educators
Ed O'Beirne, CCS, CHDA, CHPS, CDIP, PA, MHS
Ed has been in healthcare his entire career with 15 years as a clinician and 11 years in a variety of HIM coding related roles. After 4 years as a respiratory therapist and 11 years as an emergency medicine Physician Assistant, the fascination with reading, analyzing, and translating medical documentation overcame his desire to perform patient care. For a guy with a habit for reading the Encyclopedia Brittanica, the Merck Manual, and medical records just for fun, HIM became a natural fit.
As Director of PAs he was responsible for validating and improving documentation quality for a 33 physician, 14 PA practice. In this role he became a liaison with HIM and Coding, and cultivated an ability to confidently talk to and work with providers on matters of documentation and coding.
The pathway from production coder to Director of Clinical Integration with Haugen has taken him through nearly all clinical specialties and areas of coding, including inpatient and outpatient coding among both large and small facilities to surgical and medical profee coding.
- Individual Purchase: Entitles individual access to the on-demand webinar.
- Group Purchase: The on-demand webinar may be shared with others within your healthcare facility. You will receive an email from Haugen Webinars with a unique link to share with your team.
- If you require an invoice to proceed with this registration, contact us at 720-502-7690.
- Visit our FAQ page for technical requirements and instructions to obtain CEUs.