This module will provide you an overview of the anatomy of the Integumentary System and the diseases that may affect the skin and subcutaneous tissue. ICD-10-CM contains codes for pressure ulcers in much more detail as they are combination codes. Laterality and site designation for many skin conditions require additional documentation and are part of the focus for this module.
• Differentiate between the structures included in each of the layers of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
• Define the functions of the skin that are integral to the overal function of the human body.
• Determine laterality and specificity for certain skin conditions.
• Apply the appropriate coding guidelines to select the correct code for different staged ulcers.
• Identify common skin conditions in ICD-10-CM and what key factors pertain to a particular condition.
• Code a scenario involving a postoperative complication.
• Given a diagnostic statement or case study, assign ICD-10-CM codes.
Recommended operating systems:
Window 7 or higher
Mac OS 10.7 or higher
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or greater
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or greater
Google Chrome 2.0 or greater
Apple Safari 2.0 or greater
DSL or better
Recommended internet connection speed 500 or higher kbps
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Flash Player
Current version of Java
Sound: (all modules are fully narrated)
Computer speakers or headset
Printer access to print CEU certifications