This course explores the anatomy, function and common diseases and disorders of the eye, adnexa and ear. Learners will review how the eye captures and process images as well as how the ear and mastoid process collect sound and provides balance. Coding practice exercises are provided so the learner can assign ICD-10-CM codes for diseases of the eye and adnexa process and Mastoid process.
Lesson 1: Anatomy and Function of the Eyes
- Differentiate between structures of the anterior and posterior chamber
- Label key structures within the eye
Lesson 2: Common Eye Procedures
- Determine the device characters for various glaucoma drainage procedures
- Match eye procedures to their corresponding root operations
Lesson 3: Anatomy and Function of the Ears
- Label key structures of each part of the ear
- Identify two key functions of the ear
Lesson 4: Common Ear Procedures
- Select the root operation for tympanoplasty procedures
- Differentiate between single and multiple channel cochlear devices
AHIMA This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
AAPC This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.