This course provides a review of the male reproductive anatomy, followed by the possible root operations used in coding this service line. Then some of the more common male reproductive and urologic issues/procedures are explained using the ICD-10 code building process. Examples of these are: circumcision, undescended testes, vasectomy, transurethral prostatectomy, spermatocele and urethral stricture. You will also learn how to code for reproductive prosthetic devices.
Lesson 1: Anatomy
- Name the body parts associated with the urinary system and the male reproductive system
- Label the individual body parts associated with these systems
- Differentiate between the body parts found in tables of the urinary system and the tables associated with the reproductive systems
Lesson 2: Urinary System
- Explain how urinary system procedures are performed involving the common root operations
- Assign correct Root Operations to commonly performed procedures of the urinary system
- Choose all of the correct ICD-10-PCS character values for urinary system procedures
Lesson 3: Male Reproductive System
- Assign correct Root Operations to commonly performed procedures of the male reproductive system
- Choose all of the correct ICD-10-PCS character values for male reproductive system procedures
This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.