It’s quite possible that the only thing more painful than giving birth is trying to code obstetrical claims. From navigating scant documentation to locating codes in the index to sequencing diagnosis and procedure codes, there are too many things to remember to make this an “easy” area of coding, right? This webinar was developed to try to lessen that blow and give coders more confidence in their OB coding. We will address commonly miscoded diagnoses and procedures, give important reminders for OB coding, and review procedural coding for deliveries and other OB-related procedures. If your facility delivers a lot of babies, you can’t afford to miss this!
- Review general guidelines and sequencing instruction for obstetrical diagnosis coding
- Select the diagnosis code(s) for outpatient prenatal visits
- Review the definition of principal procedure
- Differentiate between root operations Delivery and Extraction for delivery of the infant
- Determine the body parts for obstetrical laceration repairs
- Decide between Medical and Surgical and Obstetrical sections for coding OB cases