Are you still feeling wounded by wound care? This updated webinar series will address coding for wound care procedures from soup (ICD-10-CM medical necessity) to nuts (CPT coding for services). This comprehensive series was designed for wound care clinic coders to give them more confidence in their coding and ensure proper documentation for medical necessity and reimbursement.
- Recognize valid documentation in order to correctly assign codes
- Identify and understand different types of wounds
- Recognize when secondary conditions impact wound healing
- Explore strategies for coding a variety of cases
Terri Reid, CCS, CCS-P, CDIP, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Terri comes to Haugen Group with 20+ years of health information management experience in coding, auditing, and education. She began her career coding emergency room records and wound care records where she helped develop coding and E/M protocols and met with the providers to help them improve their documentation. Terri transitioned to an auditing role when she realized how much she enjoyed sharing her coding knowledge and experiences with other coders to help improve their skills and confidence.
Terri brings her expertise in coding and auditing to the Haugen Consulting Group, having worked in previous roles leading and performing inpatient and outpatient coding audits. She is passionate about learning new medical technology and how the disease process affects illnesses.
CEUs for this webinar will expire on July 21, 2023. The webinar recording will be available until October 28, 2023.
This webinar has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
- Domain: Data Structure, Content, and Information Governance
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
- Specialty CEUs: COC, CPC, CPC-P, CANPC, CASCC, CCC, CCVTC, CDEI, CDEO, CEDC, CEMC, CENTC, CFPC, CGIC, CGSC, CHONC, CIC, CIMC, COBGC, COPC, COSC, CPB, CPCD, CPEDC, CPMS, CPPM, CPRC, CRC, CSFAC, CUC