For our 2023 E/M changes webinar, we focused on how to choose an E/M level according to the new 2023 E/M guidelines– either based on medical decision-making or time. In this part 2 webinar, we will cover the guidelines surrounding each category of E/M codes, including outpatient, inpatient/observation, consultations, ED, nursing facility, and home services. Many of these guidelines have been revised based on the new E/M code structure, so join us to learn more!
- Understand when to report an initial inpatient or observation service
- Name the requirements to report a consultation service
- Recognize critical care documentation and time guidelines for reporting
- Define “home” as it relates to home or residence service
Emily Lomaquahu, CPC, CPMA, CEDC
Emily is a Senior Coding Quality Auditor for Haugen Consulting Group and brings over a decade of experience to the profee team! She began her career as an auditor and with her keen eye for detail, she quickly found it was a perfect fit. Emily thrives in a collaborative environment and enjoys creating high-quality trainings to help providers and coders navigate charts and improve their accuracy. She earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Colorado, in Denver. Emily specializes in Evaluation and Management (E/M), Primary Care, Anesthesia, Emergency Department, and Neurology, though she says Anesthesia and Neurology are her favorites! She is a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) and Certified Emergency Department Coder (CEDC).
CEUs for this webinar will expire on January 19, 2024.
This webinar has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
- Domain: Data Structure, Content, and Information Governance
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
- Specialty CEUs: COC, CPC, CPC-P, CANPC, CCC, CCPC, CCVTC, CDEI, CDEO, CEDC, CEMC, CENTC, CFPC, CGIC, CGSC, CHONC, CIC, CIMC, COBGC, COPC, COSC, CPB, CPCD, CPCO, CPEDC, CPMA, CPMS, CPPM, CPRC, CRC, CRHC, CSFAC, CUC
There are no reviews yet.