Is pain management CPT coding just plain ol’ pain? Let us help make it a little less painful. This webinar addresses codes commonly used for the treatment of pain including nerve blocks, epidurals, radiofrequency ablation, and chemodenervation. We will also walk through an in-depth review of spinal anatomy to make understanding code descriptions a little less unnerving.
- Break down coding guidelines for Facet joint injections and radiofrequency ablation procedures
- Differentiate transforaminal epidural injections from other epidural injections
- Identify the codes for chemodenervation based on documentation
- Discuss bundled imaging and medical necessity applicable to these codes
View the webinar Q&A! https://www.thehaugengroup.com/webinar-qa-coding-for-pain-management/
Emily Lomaquahu, CPC, CPMA, CEDC
Emily is a Senior Coding Quality Auditor for Haugen Consulting Group and brings over a decade of experience to the profee team! She began her career as an auditor and with her keen eye for detail, she quickly found it was a perfect fit. Emily thrives in a collaborative environment and enjoys creating high-quality trainings to help providers and coders navigate charts and improve their accuracy.
She earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Colorado, in Denver. Emily specializes in Evaluation and Management (E/M), Primary Care, Anesthesia, Emergency Department, and Neurology, though she says Anesthesia and Neurology are her favorites!
The CEUs for this webinar will expire on April 20, 2024.
This webinar has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
- Domain: Data Structure, Content, and Information Governance
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
- Specialty CEUs: COC, CPC, CPC-P, CANPC, CASCC, CGSC, COSC, CPB, CPPM
There are no reviews yet.