To code or not to code? That is the question when it comes to assignment of secondary diagnoses in any health care setting. This webinar will address this tricky and subjective topic by presenting 10 key points about coding for additional diagnoses for hospital inpatient/outpatient and physicians alike.
- Determine which sections of the coding guidelines apply to different coding settings
- Compare and contrast facility and professional-fee coding
- Apply a quick-reference checklist to diagnostic coding
- Recognize chronic and other conditions that impact patient visits
- Determine when additional codes for signs and symptoms should be coded in addition to a related condition to establish medical necessity