To code or not to code? That is the question when it comes to assignment of secondary diagnoses in any health care setting. This webinar will address this tricky and subjective topic by presenting 10 key points about coding for additional diagnoses for hospital inpatient/outpatient and physicians alike.
- Determine which sections of the coding guidelines apply to different coding settings
- Compare and contrast facility and professional-fee coding
- Apply a quick-reference checklist to diagnostic coding
- Recognize chronic and other conditions that impact patient visits
- Determine when additional codes for signs and symptoms should be coded in addition to a related condition to establish medical necessity
Kristi Pollard, RHIT, CCS, CPC, CIRCC, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Kristi is the Director of Coding Quality & Education with more than 25 years of industry experience; she is responsible for the development of web-based, instructor-led, and webinar training materials; conducting training in ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT; and performing DRG and APC audits. Kristi has an extensive background in coding education and consulting and is a national speaker and published writer on topics related to ICD-10 and CPT coding and code-based reimbursement. She has designed and developed training programs for inpatient and outpatient hospital-based coding, with a focus on vascular interventional radiology, interventional cardiology, orthopedics, and obstetrics.
CEUs for this webinar will expire on February 16, 2024. The webinar recording will be available until February 16, 2025.
This webinar has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
- Domain: Data Structure, Content, and Information Governance
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
- Specialty CEUs: COC, CPC, CPC-P, CEMC, CFPC, CIC, CIMC, CPB, CPCO, CPEDC, CPMA, CPPM
There are no reviews yet.