On January 1, 2024, CPT will add, revise, and delete many CPT codes. Keeping up to date with code changes is critical for correct reporting of procedures. This webinar will provide a better understanding of 2024 CPT changes with an emphasis on the impacts to professional fee billing.
- Identify key changes to the CPT coding system for CY 2024
- Review examples describing new codes
- Implement new and revised codes, coding descriptors, and coding instructions into practice in CY 2024
Shea Lunt, RHIA, CPC, CPMA, PMP
Shea is a Director of Coding Quality & Compliance for The Haugen Consulting Group with 15 years of healthcare industry experience. Shea has experience working on the professional fee side of coding, auditing, education, and compliance serving coders and physicians. Shea has also served as a project lead for ICD-10-CM education initiatives and implementation of computer-assisted coding (CAC) projects. She earned a bachelor’s degree in health information management and a master’s degree in health services administration from the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, Kansas. Shea is a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA), and a Project Management Professional (PMP).
AHIMA – CEUs expire on October 17, 2024
This webinar has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
- Domain: Data Structure, Content, and Information Governance
AAPC – CEUs expire on October 31, 2024
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
- Specialty CEUs: COC, CPC, CPC-P, CANPC, CASCC, CCC, CCPC, CCVTC, CDEI, CDEO, CEDC, CEMC, CENTC, CFPC, CGIC, CGSC, CHONC, CIC, CIMC, COBGC, COPC, COSC, CPB, CPCD, CPCO, CPEDC, CPMA, CPMS, CPPM, CPRC, CRC, CRHC, CSFAC, CUC