Last updated: October 4, 2016
- We keep your private information private by:
- Not selling your information—You’ve entrusted us with your personal information, and we’re committed to using it wisely. Haugen Consulting Group will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
- Using firewalls and encryption—We use firewalls and encryption technology to protect personal information on our computer systems.
Restricting who has access to your information—We take precautions to ensure that your internet account and personal information are accessible only by relevant parties who are authorized to have access to your personal information.
Haugen Consulting Group
PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may request personal identification information from you in connection with your use of, or participation in registration for our online marketplace, surveys, forums, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, or additional information, and in connection with other activities, services or resources we make available on our website. In all of these cases, we will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. Except as otherwise provided in this policy, we reasonably endeavor to ensure that we never intentionally disclose any personal identification information about you as an individual user to any third party without having received your permission (through opt-in or similar procedures) except as provided for herein or otherwise as permitted or required under law. Further, Haugen Consulting Group may contact you based on the information you provide online whether in connection with your registration or in such places as the above described forums.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Your name.
- Your billing and delivery address.
- Your e-mail address.
- Your phone (or mobile) number.
- Your credit/debit card number.
- Information on how you are using the Site.
- Your purchase/return/exchange information.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION WHEN
- You purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services from the Site or mobile applications.
- You create a thehaugengroup.com account.
- You connect with us regarding customer service via our customer service center, or on social media platforms.
- You visit the Site or participate in interactive features of the Site or mobile applications.
- You use a social media service, for example, our Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- You sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from us.
- You enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group.
- You provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input.
- You interact with any of the Site through your computer, tablet or mobile device.
Haugen Consulting Group does not rent or sell personal identification information to outside marketers. In certain circumstances, Haugen Consulting Group may share personal identification information with trusted service providers that need access to your information to provide operational or other support services or we may share this aggregate statistical information with other third parties; to ensure the confidentiality and security of this information, service providers must agree to safeguard all information in strict compliance with our policy. We may also provide information to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law or when we otherwise believe in good faith that the law requires it.
HOW DO YOU ACCESS AND UPDATE THE INFORMATION
In order to keep your information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of your information in the following ways:
- If you have created an account, you can log in and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
- Contact us with your current contact information and the information you would like to access. We will provide you the information requested if reasonably available, or will describe more fully the types of information we typically collect.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect non-personal identification information without limitation, through the use of the following types of methodology:
- “Cookie” technology: A “cookie” is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system.
- “IP address tracking”: An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you are on the Internet. When you request pages from our Site, our servers log your IP address.
- “Web beacons”: A Web beacon, or “clear gif,” is a small graphic image on a webpage or web-based document that a website can use to determine information about a user.
Non-personal identification information might include the browser you use, the type of computer, technical information about your means of connection to our websites (such as the operating systems and the Internet service providers utilized), and other similar information. Our systems may also automatically gather information about the areas you visit and search terms you utilize on our website and about the links you may select from within our website to other areas of the World Wide Web or elsewhere online.
We use such information for our business purposes, and, in particular, primarily to administer the website, and, in the aggregate, to what technologies are being used so that we may continually improve our Site.
"DO NOT TRACK" DISCLOSURES
Our website honors your browser security and privacy settings. For some browsers, you can change and turn off tracking features and other security settings in your browser.
In addition, Google Analytics offers an Opt-out Browser Add-on. Google provides a free add-on to most major browsers that you can install to prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. To learn more and obtain the Opt-out Browser Add-on visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
We are mindful that young people need special safeguards and privacy protection. We realize that they may not understand all the provisions of our policy or be able to make thoughtful decisions about the choices that are made available to our adult users. We strongly urge all parents to participate in their children’s exploration of the Internet and any online services, and to teach their children about protecting their personal information while online.
Haugen Consulting Group does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
We want to hear from you on social media, our blogs, and our forums but have a few things that we do not allow:
Posts that contain, discuss or promote:
- Abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language.
- Personal attacks of any kind.
- Illegal activity.
- Political campaigns.
- Legal or employment issues.
- Conversations that negatively target specific individuals or groups.
- Posts that are spam, solicitations or advertisements.
- Contest and voting campaign posts that are not authorized by Haugen Consulting Group.
- Any profile icon or name related to commercial content that promotes another business, website, specialty page other than our organization or those approved by us.
- Personally identifiable information (like phone numbers or email addresses), private or sensitive details about another person.
- Material or information that you don’t have the right to post or share.
Additional rules for blog comments and forums
- No profanity or skirting the language filter.
- No political or religious issues.
- No posting of premium content from any website.
- No trolling or posting of fake news.
- Use of descriptive thread titles.
Differences of opinion are welcome as long as they are respectful. Be courteous and respect those asking questions with friendly, informative discussions. If it’s not, it will be deleted. Posters will be permanently banned immediately for a serious, willful, and/or repeated violation of any of these rules.
User-submitted content (including comments, updates, photos and videos) do not necessarily represent the views of Haugen Consulting Group.
The statements and opinions posted by registered participants to these forums and blogs on our website are offered for educational, informational, and social purposes only, should not be construed as providing advice of any kind.
Some links featured on our website, social media, blogs, and forums will take you to non- Haugen Consulting Group websites. The views and opinions of authors expressed on those websites do not necessarily state or reflect those of Haugen Consulting Group.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Users will find other content on our website that link to the sites and services of other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies, or no policy (policies) at all. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party sites or services before providing any of them with your personal information.
If you “opt-in” to receive information from us, you can change your mind later. If at any time you would like to stop receiving such information or opt-out of a feature, you may change your options by contacting email@example.com. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request, and we are unable to have your information removed from the records of any third party who has been provided with your information in accordance with this policy.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
The website is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Website, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS