This course is part 2 of the cardiovascular service line. This course builds upon the information given in Part 1. This course provides specific information about coding for the peripheral circulatory system, in other words, procedures performed on the vascular system other than the heart and great vessels.
Lesson 1: Procedures on the Peripheral Arteries
- Determine the body system value for different peripheral arteries of the body
- Select the root operation for stent placement
- Differentiate between types of aneurysm procedure approaches
- Assign codes for procedures involving the creation of arteriovenous fistulas and grafts
Lesson 2: Structure of Cardiovascular PCS Codes
- Given a procedure involving a vascular access device, determine the device(s) and body system
- Identify methods for treating procedures on varicose veins
AHIMA This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
AAPC This program has the prior approval of the American Academy for Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1 continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.