The series of CORE KNOWLEDGE courses provide the foundational knowledge to enhance or launch a successful career as a patient access professional.
Have you ever listened to a registrar stumble through the Medicare questionnaire? This course will give registrars the confidence and knowledge needed to comfortably ask Medicare beneficiaries the right questions while providing a knowledgeable explanation of the reason for doing so.
• Patient Access Professionals
• Health Information Management
• Ancillary department staff who select patient records from the MPI
• Course Access: Courses are accessed at Haugen Academy. You will receive an e-mail from Haugen Academy within 30 minutes after purchase with an introduction to Haugen Academy and your log-in credentials. If you don’t see an e-mail, check your Junk mailbox and if indicated, set-up emails from thehaugengroup.com as safe sender. If you do not receive an email from Haugen Academy, please contact us at 720-476-6301 or email@example.com.
• Contacting us: 720-476-6301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• List the ways a beneficiary can be entitled to Medicare
• Identify the reasons MSP provisions were implemented
• Accurately complete the MSPQ in practice scenarios
• Explain the conditions that must be met for GHP coverage to be primary payer
• Explain the proper order in which insurances should be billed
Courses may be used to apply toward NAHAM and other certification CEU requirements
Recommended operating systems:
Window 7 or higher
Mac OS 10.7 or higher
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or greater
Google Chrome 2.0 or greater
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or greater
Apple Safari 2.0 or greater
DSL or better
Recommended internet connection speed 500 or higher kbps
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Flash Player
Current version of Java
Sound: courses are fully narrated, so you’ll want speakers, earbuds, or a headset
Printer: Only needed if you’d like to print your certificate of completion
If you are interested in using the CORE KNOWLEDGE courses as part of your patient access onboarding or training program, contact us.
The courses are a great way to build a solid foundation of knowledge for patient access staff with limited or no prior healthcare experience.
In addition, the courses allow managers to consistently and objectively assess competency within the new hire probationary or introductory period.