Medicare is the largest payer for health care services in the U.S. Understanding and being able to differentiate between Traditional Medicare, Medicare Advantage, and Medicare Supplement or Medigap plans allows you to accurately register Medicare beneficiaries. Accurate registration is the foundation for an accurate claim and timely payment for services provided.
- Demonstrate understanding of the parts of Medicare
- Recognize and use common Medicare terms
- Understand and explain patient financial responsibility with Original Medicare
- Identify the differences between Medicare, Medicare Advantage Plans, and Medicare Supplement Plans
- List the open enrollment period for Medicare Advantage Plans
- Explain the difference in benefits between Original Medicare and a Part C Medicare Advantage Plan