This course enhances understanding of the largest payer for health care services in the US. We begin by explaining the history of Medicare, who is entitled, and what benefits are provided. We talk about why beneficiary entitlement to Medicare matters. We close with a brief introduction to Medicare regulations.
- Demonstrate understanding of the parts of Medicare
- Recognize and use common Medicare terms
- Understand and explain patient financial responsibility with Original Medicare
- Identify the differences between Medicare, Medicare Advantage Plans, and Medicare Supplement Plans
- List the open enrollment period for Medicare Advantage Plans
- Explain the difference in benefits between Original Medicare and a Part C Medicare Advantage Plan