The series of CORE KNOWLEDGE courses provide the foundational knowledge to enhance or launch a successful career as a patient access professional.
The Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Medigap course will enhance your understanding of the largest payer for health care services in the United States. We will begin our discussion by explaining the history of Medicare, who is entitled, and what benefits are provided. We will talk about why knowing how a beneficiary is entitled to Medicare. We will close with a brief discussion of Medicare regulations. The regulations are covered in more detail in subsequent courses.
• Patient Access Professionals
• Any department staff with registration responsibilities
• Business Services Professionals with responsibility for Medicare accounts
• Course Access: Courses are accessed at Haugen Academy. You will receive an e-mail from Haugen Academy within 30 minutes after purchase with an introduction to Haugen Academy and your log-in credentials. If you don’t see an e-mail, check your Junk mailbox and if indicated, set-up emails from thehaugengroup.com as safe sender. If you do not receive an email from Haugen Academy, please contact us at 720-476-6301 or email@example.com.
• Contacting us: 720-476-6301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download (PDF, 691KB)
• Demonstrate understanding of the parts of Medicare.
• Recognize and use common Medicare terms.
• Understand and explain patient financial responsibility with original Medicare.
• Differentiate between Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans
• Demonstrate understanding of regulatory requirements associated with Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans.
Courses may be used to apply toward NAHAM and other certification CEU requirements
Recommended operating systems:
Window 7 or higher
Mac OS 10.7 or higher
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or greater
Google Chrome 2.0 or greater
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or greater
Apple Safari 2.0 or greater
DSL or better
Recommended internet connection speed 500 or higher kbps
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Flash Player
Current version of Java
Sound: courses are fully narrated, so you’ll want speakers, earbuds, or a headset
Printer: Only needed if you’d like to print your certificate of completion
If you are interested in using the CORE KNOWLEDGE courses as part of your patient access onboarding or training program, contact us.
The courses are a great way to build a solid foundation of knowledge for patient access staff with limited or no prior healthcare experience.
In addition, the courses allow managers to consistently and objectively assess competency within the new hire probationary or introductory period.