The series of CORE KNOWLEDGE courses provide the foundational knowledge to enhance or launch a successful career as a patient access professional.
This course explains the importance of how patient access impacts the financial success of the organization by collecting at the point of service or prior to service. We will review insurance terminology, plan designs, networks, and benefits. This course is designed to enhance your skills when collecting upfront payments and explaining the patient’s financial responsibility.
• Patient Access Professionals
• Any department staff with registration responsibilities
• Business Services Professionals with responsibility for Medicare accounts
• Course Access: Courses are accessed at Haugen Academy. You will receive an e-mail from Haugen Academy within 30 minutes after purchase with an introduction to Haugen Academy and your log-in credentials. If you don’t see an e-mail, check your Junk mailbox and if indicated, set-up emails from thehaugengroup.com as safe sender. If you do not receive an email from Haugen Academy, please contact us at 720-476-6301 or email@example.com.
• Contacting us: 720-476-6301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Recognize the importance of upfront collections
• Identify common insurance terminology
• Demonstrate your understanding of basic insurance plan design
• Recognize basic insurance benefits
• Identify effective methods to collect payments
• Practice calculating patient payments
Courses may be used to apply toward NAHAM and other certification CEU requirements
Recommended operating systems:
Window 7 or higher
Mac OS 10.7 or higher
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or greater
Google Chrome 2.0 or greater
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or greater
Apple Safari 2.0 or greater
DSL or better
Recommended internet connection speed 500 or higher kbps
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Flash Player
Current version of Java
Sound: courses are fully narrated, so you’ll want speakers, earbuds, or a headset
Printer: Only needed if you’d like to print your certificate of completion
If you are interested in using the CORE KNOWLEDGE courses as part of your patient access onboarding or training program, contact us.
The courses are a great way to build a solid foundation of knowledge for patient access staff with limited or no prior healthcare experience.
In addition, the courses allow managers to consistently and objectively assess competency within the new hire probationary or introductory period.