The series of CORE KNOWLEDGE courses provide the foundational knowledge to enhance or launch a successful career as a patient access professional.
This course tells the story of how patient access impacts the financial success of the organization. The course takes us all the way through the revenue cycle, from referral to zero balance on the account. This course provides an overview of all the administrative and clinical functions that contribute to the capture, management, and collection of patient service revenue.
• Patient Access Professionals
• Business Services Professionals
• Ancillary Departments with Registration Responsibility
• Course Access: Courses are accessed at Haugen Academy. You will receive an e-mail from Haugen Academy within 30 minutes after purchase with an introduction to Haugen Academy and your log-in credentials. If you don’t see an e-mail, check your Junk mailbox and if indicated, set-up emails from thehaugengroup.com as safe sender. If you do not receive an email from Haugen Academy, please contact us at 720-476-6301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Contacting us: 720-476-6301 or email email@example.com.
• Describe the basic functions performed in each area of the revenue cycle.
• Define common terms and acronyms used when discussing hospital revenue cycle activities
Courses may be used to apply toward NAHAM and other certification CEU requirements.
Recommended operating systems:
Window 7 or higher
Mac OS 10.7 or higher
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or greater
Google Chrome 2.0 or greater
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or greater
Apple Safari 2.0 or greater
DSL or better
Recommended internet connection speed 500 or higher kbps
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Flash Player
Current version of Java
Sound: Courses are fully narrated, so you’ll want speakers, earbuds, or a headset
Printer: Only needed if you’d like to print your certificate of completion
If you are interested in using the CORE KNOWLEDGE courses as part of your patient access onboarding or training program, contact us.
The courses are a great way to build a solid foundation of knowledge for patient access staff with limited or no prior healthcare experience.
In addition, the courses allow managers to consistently and objectively assess competency within the new hire probationary or introductory period.