The Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codebook is a compilation of guidelines, codes, and descriptions in order to report medical services and procedures performed by health care providers. This course will introduce the learner to the CPT Code Book, HCPCS, NCCI, and the use of modifiers.
Lesson 1: The Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS)
- Differentiate between various levels of HCPCS codes
- Determine which codes are used to report certain types of healthcare services
Lesson 2: CPT Code Book Basics
- Recognize the layout and structure of the CPT codebook
- Identify CPT codebook symbols
- Determine when to use the CPT Index
Lesson 3: NCCI and Modifiers
- Utilize NCCI edits
- Identify when modifiers should be used
- Select appropriate modifiers for use in common scenarios
**The price of this product includes the AMA Royalty Fees.