Accurate insurance plan selection is a critical job function for those who perform revenue cycle functions. This course was created to help you gain a better understanding of insurance plan benefit designs thus enhancing your communication with patients. We will discuss common terminology, insurance plan designs, networks, insurance benefits and medical necessity. Accurate registration is the foundation for an accurate claim and timely payment for services provided.
- Identify common insurance plan types
- Recognize and use common insurance terms
- Demonstrate your understanding of basic insurance plan design
- Demonstrate your ability to calculate an estimated patient responsibility based on plan design
- Pre-authorization and Notifications of Admission
- Basic understanding of Real Time Eligibility
- Importance of entering correct insurance information