This course will explain current Medicare ABN regulations that impact patient access functions. We start with a review of the form itself, moving on to a discussion of how and when ABN’s should be delivered. We will explain NCDs and LCDs. We will present case studies to help explain common scenarios and challenges and possible solutions.
- Know what an ABN is
- Identify when an ABN is required
- Define National and Local Coverage Determinations (NCD and LCD)
- Identify which Medicare beneficiaries need to sign an ABN
- Demonstrate understanding of the items on the ABN form
- Explain the three options available to beneficiaries and the implications of each option